Fresh Avocado Grilled Cheese Recipe
This isn’t your average grilled cheese sandwich recipe – it’s an avocado grilled cheese recipe! Slices of avocado and tomato, goat cheese, and cheddar cheese are grilled to melty perfection between slices of thick brioche bread.
Created by Chef/Owner Stephanie Sokolove of Stephanie’s on Newbury, Boston, MA
Recipe is designed for foodservice use and is not intended for consumer scaling of less than 12 servings.
- 24 slices of brioche bread
- 24 oz. goat cheese
- 6 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, cut in half and sliced end to end*
- 24 1/4-inch thick slices vine ripe tomatoes
- 18 oz. mild Vermont white cheddar cheese, sliced to 3/4 oz. per slice
- 6 oz. butter
- 12 wedges of pickle
- 12 servings of potato chips
- Per order for 1 servingSpread 1 oz. goat cheese on each of 2 slices of bread.
- Place half of a Fresh Hass Avocado on top of goat cheese side of one slice of bread and top with one slice of Vermont white cheddar cheese.
- Place 2 slices of tomato on top of goat cheese side of one slice of bread and top with one slice of Vermont white cheddar cheese.
- Coat sauté pan or griddle with 1 Tbsp. of butter and melt. Toast on griddle until top of bread slices are golden.
- Place topped grilled bread slices under the broiler until the cheese melts and the inside is hot, 20—30 seconds.
- Place the two topped bread slices together and cut in half diagonally.
- Serve hot with a wedge of pickle and potato chips.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly..